Léon DE MEYER (I.M.)
James A. ARMSTRONG
Klaas R. VEENHOF
Akkadica is interested in original articles pertaining to studies, - both philological (incl. editions of cuneiform texts) and archaeological -, on the history and environment of Mesopotamia and its periphery. It also accepts short scientific communications (rubric Breviter) and presentations of recently published books (rubric Libri Novi).
1. Articles should be prepared using a recent version of Microsoft Word running under Mac. or Windows. Please indicate which operating system and which version of Word have been used to prepare the manuscript.
2. First name, last name, email (if desired: postal address) and institutional affiliation must appear on the manuscript.
3. An abstract in English of max. 200 words and five key-words must be provided, to be placed at the top of the article, after the title.
4. Bibliographic references in the text should be given as follows: LIMBREY (1975, 5) or (LIMBREY 1975, 5). Include the initials of the first name only to avoid confusion between two authors of the same name. Common abbreviations, e.g., CAD, CT, RLA, etc., are acceptable. A comprehensive list of acceptable abbreviations may be found in Northern Akkad Project Reports 8 (Ghent), 49-65. (For a digital copy of this list, please contact the editorial secretary at the email address below.)
5. Full bibliographic references should be listed alphabetically at the end of the text in accordance with the following examples:
LIMBREY, S., 1975: Soil Science and Archaeology, London, New York.
Books with one or two authors:
(Ed.) for a book in English, e.g. FINKEL, I.L., GELLER, M.J. (Eds.), 1997: Sumerian Gods and their Representations (= CM 7), Groningen.
(Hrsg.) for a book in German, e.g. FINKBEINER, U. (Hrsg.),
(éd.) for a book in French, e.g. CHARPIN, D., JOANNÈS, F. (Úds.).
For all other languages, use (Ed (s).).
Book edited by more than two authors:
BEEK et al. 1973 = BEEK, M.A., KAMPMAN, A.A., NIJLAND, C., YCKMANS, J. (Eds.), 1973: Symbolae biblicae et mesopotamicae Francisco Mario Theodoro de Liagre Böhl dedicatae (= Studia Francisci Scholten memoriae dicata 4), Leiden.
BEAULIEU, P.-A., 1997: «The Fourth Year of Hostilities in the Land», BaM 28, 367-394.
READE, J.E., 1997: «Sumerian Origins» in FINKEL, I.L., GELLER, M.J. (Eds.), Sumerian Gods and their Representations (= CM 7), Groningen, 221-229.
6. References to unpublished theses should be avoided.
7. The abbreviations for «figure», «plate», «plan» and «note» are «fig.», «Pl.», «pl.» and «n.» respectively.
8. BC and AD should be written in small caps.
9. Articles should be sent to the Editor.
10. If colour illustrations are required, authors will be expected to make a contribution toward printing costs.